A New and Exciting Element To The Margate Soul Festival For 2018
For over a decade, street parties within the footprint of Margate’s Old Town, harbour and beach have been the true heritage and founding principles of the Margate Soul Festival. Not only have they provided visitors with hours of free entertainment but encompass that ‘whole town experience’that no other festival offers. We intend to further this essential component by adding some rather exciting elements for 2018.
This year we feature over 60 DJ’s across 4 stages in addition to demonstrations of Spoken Word, Jive, Jazz and Latin dance performances, plus a sensational new stage dedicated to nurturing and supporting unsigned, undiscovered, and under-the-radar UK talent. The MSFest Community Stage will be hosted by Margate local and BBC Radio 1’s Gemma Cairney who says;
“It’s an honour to be part of the Margate Soul Festival, when I see the streets filled with music and dancing it makes my heart pop and it suits me down to the ground to be comparing the fringe offering. Giving a chance to provide a stage for up and coming talent and mashing genres in the way I love best and that it’ll be free for all is the cherry on the cake.” Gemma Cairney
Unmissable Festival Moments For 2018:
- Be on the Margate steps at 4pmon Saturday 4thAugust to celebrate MSFest’s first ever wedding and try and break the record for the biggest wedding photo ever taken.
- Gather at the phenomenal Sunset Stage for one of the best sunsets overlooking the sea from 8pm.
- Be on the streets on Sunday 5thAugust to witness the biggest DJ Led Carnival to date.
- Watch the International live acts and our big Finale at Winter Gardens on Saturday and Sunday nights from 7pm.
Margate Soul Festival | 3rd, 4th, 5thAugust 2018 | Friday 2pm – 3am| Saturday 12pm – 4am| Sunday 12pm –Monday 2am
Access to all participating venues (Winter Gardens, Sunset Stage, Olby’s Soul Cafe (3 Rooms Inc. The Dug Out and Main Venue), The Lighthouse and Imperial Lounge. All MSFest Fringe Events are Free (except Dreamland: £5 entry).
General Weekend Ticket Stage 1 £69 | General Weekend Ticket Stage 2 £75 | Weekend door price £80 |Friday Day Pass £27.50 | Saturday Day Pass £44 | Sunday Day Pass £44. For Group Bookings of 10+ Please call 01843 292795. Tickets are also collectable in person from Margate Winter Gardens, Fort Crescent, Margate, CT9 1HX 01843 292795.
Notes To Editors:
- Artists for this year include: Atlantic Starr, Deniece Williams, Fatback Band, The Brit Funk Association, Eddie Piller’s 30 Years of Acid Jazz, SoulHouse featuring Michelle John, Nathan Haines, Vanessa Freeman & Lifford, Children Of Zeus.
- The award-winning Big Green Coachwill be running a day ticket + festival service picking up from London and Brighton into the heart of the action.
- Margate Winter Gardens will open on Friday night and Sunday night as part of our opening and closing parties.
For further media enquiries please contact: Andrea Britton: firstname.lastname@example.org